Dealing With Water Damage
Whether a hurricane has hit your home or you have a leaking washing machine or burst pipes, water damage is not something to be taken lightly. Floodwaters and storms can pump a huge amount of water into your home, forcing you to complete water extraction, water damage restoration, and water damage repairs.
Why Is Water Damage Bad?
Water damage is difficult to deal with and poses several challenges to homeowners and professional water damage repair services. Water damage is often challenging to discover and might be happening within your foundation, wall, or roof. Only regular inspections by a trained professional can spot such issues.
Once water makes its way into your home via storm or flooding, it is hard to prevent it from reaching everything. The extent of the damage is often far worse than initially thought, and the time it will take to clean up and restore might be longer than you expect. It also requires swift intervention, as the spread of the damage can be quick and difficult to control.
To eliminate any future issues and problems, you must thoroughly take care of water damage and use specialized equipment, including dehumidifiers and fans, to dry the property entirely to avoid mildew and mold growth. Flooring and carpet replacements are almost always necessary when a home suffers significant water damage.
Problems That Arise If Water Damage Is Ignored
If you spot any signs of leaks and water damage in your home, it is time to react and call a professional service to take care of the problem. By leaving the problem unattended, you risk:
- Structural damage to your home. Water can quickly get into all of your home’s cracks and nooks and can cause severe damage to the foundation or walls, resulting in expensive repairs.
- Adverse effects on your health. A home that suffers from water damage is a breeding ground for mold and mildew, which can cause significant health problems for those suffering from asthma or eczema.
- Foul odors and smells. As water interacts with porous materials in the foundation and construction of your home, it causes reactions that will lead to mold, rotting, and decomposition. The side-effect is a strong, foul stench that will render your home untenable. Flood damage often comes with category 1 water or black water, which carries contaminants.
- Damages to infrastructure and installations. An unattended water leak or damage could make its way to your electrical installation, causing shorts or even starting a fire that poses a massive threat to the well-being of people living in the home and the property.
- Losing your homeowner insurance and flood insurance coverage. If you do not react once you spot the water leaks and damage, your insurance company might refuse to reimburse you for any further damages, causing a severe hit to your home budget.
Contact Our Nashville Water Damage Restoration Company
Has your home been recently hit by a heavy tropical storm or flooding? Maybe you have noticed some water leaks in your home or minor signs of water damage? Do not hesitate to contact Emergency Response Team for water damage restoration in Nashville, TN. Ignoring water damage could have potentially disastrous consequences for your property and the people living in it.
We provide professional water damage restoration services in the Nashville, TN area. Our team of water damage experts is available on call 24/7 at (615) 525-9075. Protect your property and loved ones by making sure that your home is free from water damage today!